Monday, January 5, 2015

Crocheted Christmas Stockings

I sewed some stockings a few years back. I packed them into a box with some christmas tree stumps that I didn't let dry. The next year I opened up my Christmas box to find everything covered in mold. It was terrible. Luckily we had only been married a few years and had only accumulated a small amount of Christmas decor. Lesson learned, let tree stumps dry before packing away. 

So this year we needed stockings. We have a fireplace in our new house, and it would look naked with out stockings. I saw a few ideas online for crochet/knitted stockings and I was hooked. I followed this pattern from Red Heart Yarn. 


I loved being able to pick colors for each of us. The pattern comes in three sizes, I used the medium and it came out perfect. 

I also made a yarn tassel garland with some left over yarn. Such an easy and inexpensive craft to add some festive decor. The garland was a perfect addition to the popsicle snowflakes I made. The snowflakes were simple too. (popsicle sticks, hot glue, & paint). I got the idea from Pinterest of course. 















No comments:

Post a Comment