Friday, February 15, 2013

Stuffed Zucchini

So I got a new toy. A Nikon D3200. We wanted to get something we cold take video with that was easier for me to use than the Go Pro. So now we have a camera that can take awesome HD video and great photos! It's a lot smaller and easier to handle than Jared's camera, so it will be easier for me to use.

After being out of town, I was excited to get back home and back to cooking. I made stuffed zucchini this week. Really easy, healthy and yummy.

1/4 diced onion
1 can diced tomatoes- drained
1/2 lb. hamburger - you could use ground turkey too
2-3 medium sized zucchini
the zucchini you scooped out
taco seasoning- you could use whatever seasoning you want though.
shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350. I just browned the onion and hamburger on the stove.  Add the zucchini filling and tomatoes. Let cook for about 10 minutes, making sure the meat is done. Lay the zucchini shells in a pan with about an inch of water. Fill the shells with the filling and bake in the over for 40 minutes. Once done, check the zucchini with a fork or knife and make sure its tender. Top with cheese and let bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Now that I have this fancy new camera I'm sure you can all expect more blog posts from me. I have no excuse now.

No comments:

Post a Comment