Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Me in 250 words....more or less

I was born and raised in Salinas, Ca. NOT to be confused with Salina, Ut. I lived in the same house across the street from a park for 19 years. I have two older brothers which makes me the youngest and only girl. Growing up I was a perfect cross between a tom boy and a girly girl. I skateboarded and road bmx bikes with my brothers while also enjoying shopping and crocheting with my mom. Fast forward to high school. I went to an all girl catholic school, which believe it or not was awesome. We wore uniforms and had a graduating class of 87 girls. I began running cross country and track and field in high school and found my passion. After high school I went to San Francisco State for 2 days, realized I hated it and came home. I attended Hartnell Junior College in my home town and excelled. I got my associated degree all while running on the XC and track team. I got to spend time with an amazing team traveling over California for 2 years and loved every minutes of it. I discovered strength in myself I didn't know I had and placed 3rd in the state of Ca. in the 800m at the state championships. After graduating I moved to St. George, Ut (cough) following a boy I was dating. Well that didn't last but something did. I was introduced to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I took the missionary discussions and was baptized in Sept. 2007. One of the best decisions I have ever made. St. George was just not for me and I moved to Orem, Ut. to attend Utah Valley University and study exercise science. I met my husband while living in student housing. We lived down the hall from each other and he went running with me to train for a marathon. We were close friends for a year and then we decided to date. It wasn't long after we were dating that we decided we wanted to get married. We got married in Sept 2009 in the Sacramento, Ca. temple. I have since graduated with a Bachelors Degree in exercise science and had a baby. 

Wow! There is is, all summed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment