Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wonderful Words

My friend Katie Ashby is participating in the Blog everyday in May challenge. Although it is May 4th and I skipped the first 3 days I think I'll give this a go.  
Day 4: Favorite Quote

"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly and definitely that. It is the essence of who we are as women. Motherhood defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits, talents and tendencies our Father gave us."
Sheri Dew

I have posted this quote before on my family blog, but I'll share it here too. This is from the book No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri Dew. She is such an inspirational writer and very uplifting towards women. On hard days, when I feel like crying, when I am so frustrated because Ellie wont eat dinner or she has been whining at my feet all day I think of these words. Our Heavenly Father has given me a great responsibility, which sometimes is overwhelming.  When I doubt myself I remind myself that my Father in heaven has entrusted me with an invaluable gift and he knows I am capable of be a great mom. I am strong, and I am a Mother!



No comments:

Post a Comment